Sunday, November 30, 2008

Right...

So, about that whole catching up thing. I guess I failed at it. Clearly, as I'm nearly a month behind. I think I will post my notes for the past few weeks, so you can demand such elaboration as you wish, and then elaborate on a point or two of my own. The following is a transcription, which should give you some ideas as to my mindset/m.o. Parentheticals added later (that is, now) for your clarity.

‘You’re special in your own way, but it’s not clear [that you’re legally unique in your services].’ Professor Nzelibe, concerning the legal uniqueness (which differs from absolute uniqueness, and is thus subject to degrees) and the specific performance of contracts.

Monday (11/3): Contracts Midterm--group affair. getting to Josh's place. Forgetting shit. Meeting Mama Pasquesi. Getting credentials.
Tuesday: pollwatching. Up at 3:25. Partnered with at tax attorney from Mayer Brown. Saving people's votes. Lots of food. Got home in time to hear Obama'd won. Crashed.
Wednesday: date scheduled, GING! (she reappeared), CA fucking up, Bergy w/ beer and rantiness (it was hilarious).
Thursday: DREAM committee meeting (organizing events surrounding MLK Day. I think I'm the sole white law student on the committee--joint NUSL/Med School).
Saturday: practice exam thing. DATE (Bourgeois Pig, wandering about, chatting)!!! Dancing (at Charlie's, the local gay cowboy bar).
Sunday: Meeting Andrew Drummer for [breakfast], pirate show of wtf? (seriously. It was surreal. It was for children, and yet involved a pirate chair dance) Rehearsal (Habeas). Reading, and a failure to outline.
Monday: more rehearsal. Otherwise, not much of significance.
Tuesday: clean house. Classes. Make-up of Redish.
Wednesday: Classes. Mock Interview (with wrong firm researched [unclear whose fault. Went well anyway, and was informative as well as kinda fun]). DATE! (wandering around for a bit, then pasta-cookery and A Fish Called Wanda here in the Eyrie)
Thursday: classes. Guh. Nothing worth mentioning.
Friday: skip CLR cuz useless. Accepted invitation to Thanksgiving at Chez Pasquesi, which Josh thought odd but rather funny (he was to be, and was, in Omaha with his girlfriend). Homesick and general badness and Bourgeois Pig for recuperation. (not the best of weekends, clearly. Lots of angst, as well as a distinct lack of clarity on a few points).
Weekend: Lunch with Ben (Egerman), Prop 8 rally until knees hurt. General suckitude for the rest.
Monday: LOTS of classes--make-up and exam redux. Career Center meeting. Got exam back, more talking to Adam (boy of dates). Whee.
Tuesday: Talk with Kate T over lunch, figured out about Thanksgiving and her visiting.
Wednesday: third date arranged, CLR meeting, DREAM committee meeting, Civ Pro study session for the midterm that wasn't really a midterm.
Thursday: Memo during CLR, Civ Pro 'midterm', working on memo during career night, working out Thanksgiving details. Pechous arriving, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, talking until stupid o'clock in the morning.
Friday: no time for breakfast. Alexis food ftw. Lunch with Pechous, Ellen (cousin) at Puck's in MoCA. Work on memo. Quantum of Solace with Kathy/Craiggers, Josh, Tim, Verity.
Saturday: DATE! (Museuming, walk, sushi at Niu, talk of quasi-solidified). Margaret's b-day affair, whereat I forced Michelle (and persuaded others) to dance.
Sunday: memo turn-in, shopping, reading The Man Who Was Thursday (all of it).
Monday: cooking dinner adventure (ask if you're curious--the story's worthwhile, but not being told here. It was an adventure, but mostly a comedy of errors on my part). Also, the sweet potato chili is a good option for those who like chili but not potatoes.
Tuesday: scheduling date. Cleaning apartment. Swearing at lightbulbs.
Wednesday: Kate no-show. Pechous/Teagle show (at 12:30ish). Fisher King. Again, staying up until stupid o'clock.
Thursday: Buses and trains and vans, oh my! (Thanksgiving Chez Pasquesi, which will be a post of its own at some point soonly).
Friday: tortellini and interrogation by famille Pasquesi, DATE! (Thai food, Blackadder in the Eyrie).
Saturday: non-day. The Name of the Rose
Sunday (today): similar, but with property reading.

So, yes. There is what happened in November, in a better outline form than I have for any of my classes (fortunately, I have others' outlines, and am boiling them down to checklists, because while I am bad at this, I'm not completely stupid). I am greatly indebted to Mr. Pechous for keeping me in reading material, and Miss Julia for keeping me only as insane as I am naturally wont to be. Similarly, the mail had better arrive with what I was told was sent me, so I can in turn send it on with a Thank-you note (despite the wine having already been drunk at Thanksgiving). Soon starts exams--Wednesday is the last day of classes, and the 6th is my contracts exam. That ends the 18th, at which point I fly home and sleep for a day or two, I suspect. So I may continue to fail at blogging (but hey--I'm doing loads better than I had on LJ, so you can't all complain. And if you're ever curious what I'm up to, you can always call or e-mail me. It is, in fact, encouraged regardless)

And since I don't have any entertaining case quotes for you, I'll instead throw one out from The Name of the Rose, lent me by Messr. Peshew: "The magic of mirrors is such that even when you know they are mirrors they still upset you."

No comments: