I live in Chicago. I write and dance and game. I occasionally take pictures of things. If you're here you hopefully know me already, at which point much more explanation is really just unnecessary.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Also, this needed sharing
Reproduced by the same dude as brought you Mayo v. Satan and Associates: http://kevinunderhill.typepad.com/Documents/Fisher_v_Lowe.pdf
It's in rhyme, I think, both because it amused the judge and because it showed the ridiculousness of the claim. What I really enjoy, though, is that whatever Westlaw employee put it into the database did the keynotes in verse, too.
Because judges write their own opinions (unless their clerks do it), they decide how opinions are put into westlaw and Lexis (simply because they're verbatim copies of what the judges wrote). What's awesome is that the person who put this opinion into Westlaw decided to put the at the top--which are written by Westlaw--into verse, as well (Lexis did not, which is one more reason why Westlaw's cooler). Judges have no control over the West notes.
4 comments:
Why is it in rhyme? As in, I'm highly entertained, but who decided to start writing it in such a fashion?
It's in rhyme, I think, both because it amused the judge and because it showed the ridiculousness of the claim. What I really enjoy, though, is that whatever Westlaw employee put it into the database did the keynotes in verse, too.
Ah. So the judge gets to decide how it's written up? That's cool (and funny)!
Because judges write their own opinions (unless their clerks do it), they decide how opinions are put into westlaw and Lexis (simply because they're verbatim copies of what the judges wrote). What's awesome is that the person who put this opinion into Westlaw decided to put the at the top--which are written by Westlaw--into verse, as well (Lexis did not, which is one more reason why Westlaw's cooler). Judges have no control over the West notes.
Post a Comment