So, as many of you who read this will already know by the time you do read this, I am done. DONE! I had my last exam (Civil Procedure II, source of Marticles and Casablanca jokes, and the most horribly amazing bowling joke ever) this afternoon, and during that time, Maine legalized gay marriage. All in all, a good day. The writing competition starts tomorrow evening, but no work will be done on it until Friday, because tomorrow evening will be a great big damn celebration when everyone, rather than a few others and I, has finished their finals. So, this has been an interesting (school) year, and many new things have happened. This will be a mildly contextless retrospective, mostly for my own memory, but for the selective edification of those who can read between lines well. (2 hours later) No. Scratch that, it would have been, but it consisted mostly of realizations that I'd had while here over the last nine months. So... meh.
I've still got the writing competition left (to get on a journal), and I have plans to go dance in a fountain in Millennium Park this weekend, which will be awesome. The weather has turned rainy now that I'm done, despite being gorgeous while I was occupied. Stupid weather. Anyway, I don't seem to have much more to say, despite my grand intentions. So here, for you, is a quote:
"The common law is not a brooding omnipresence in the sky, but the articulate voice of some sovereign or quasi sovereign that can be identified." 244 US 205, 222.
2 comments:
Congratulations, my fine sir.
Also, GO MAINE!
And you mock me for not updating more frequently.
Post a Comment